1. The Church's Name, Catholic, universal, and world wide,
and not confined to any particular nation or people.
2. Antiquity, in tracing her ancestry directly to Jesus Christ.
3. Constant Duration, in lasting substantially unchanged for
so many centuries.
4. Extensiveness, in the number of her loyal members.
5. Episcopal Succession, of her Bishops from the first
Apostles at the Last Supper to the present hierarchy.
6. Doctrinal Agreement, of her doctrine with the teaching of
the ancient Church.
7. Union, of her members among themselves, and with their
visible head, the Roman Pontiff.
8. Holiness, of doctrine in reflecting the sanctity of GOD.
9. Efficacy, of doctrine in its power to sanctify believers, and
inspire them to great moral achievement.
10. Holiness of Life, of the Church's representative writers
11. The glory of Miracles, worked in the Church and under
the Church's auspices.
12. The gift of Prophesy found among the Church's saints and
13. The Opposition that the Church arouses among those who
attack her on the very grounds that Christ was opposed by
14. The Unhappy End, of those who fight against her.
15. The Temporal Peace and Earthly Happiness of those who
live by the Church's teaching and defend her interests.